So my daughter's infant towels are just getting way too small. They never really dried her off completely to begin with. So I decided I wanted to make one myself. I searched online and found this site.
So here are the instructions, complete with pictures of my progress.
1 hand towel
1 bath towel
double sided bias tape (optional)
1. Cut the hand towel in half. See picture below. You will only be using one half, so potentially you could make two of these towels!
2. Find the midpoint of the bath towel. Lay the hand towel cut side up above the bath towel. Line up the midpoints. I overlapped the two to sew them together, but you can sew them together how you want.
3. After sewing the two pieces together, fold the towels in half, hamburger style :). Pin the top of the hand towel together (the cut side should have folded in half). Sew this together.
4. Unfold the towel. You now have a hood!
5. I decided I wanted more than just pink. So I bought green (a common theme for my daughter) double sided bias tape and sewed it to the edge of the hood. This was probably the hardest part simply because I had never worked with bias tape before.
And that's it! I found the project to be super easy. You can also add extra embellishments if you want. It would be super cute to have a little patch that adds personality or have your child's name.
Have fun making it! If while you're making it you find little tips to help other readers, feel free to comment!