I’ve always been a fan of St. Patrick’s Day. What a fun way to celebrate my heritage! I’m half Irish. I was even born with red hair! It has since changed of course, but my sisters still have red hair. I was the one who always wore the “Kiss Me I’m Irish” buttons in high school (it never seemed to work though) and I always made sure to wear green. When I got married my husband and I made a new tradition of cooking corned beef and cabbage. It’s actually incredibly good and easy to make if you’ve never tried it. And last year I made this really fun Lucky door hanging.
So needless to say, I’ve been pretty excited about this year’s crop of St. Patty’s Day projects I’ve seen. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Little Day Wonder’s made these adorable scratch off shamrocks for her kids to enjoy. They can trade them in for chocolate coins! I pretty much love the idea of anything ‘scratch off’ so it’s no wonder I like these!
2. I’m a sucker for a really cute holiday printable. Funky Polkadot Giraffe made this really fun one for St. Patrick’s Day. She even included an all green one for the green purists. :)
3. Seeing mantels like the one at Landee See, Landee Do makes me really wish I had a mantel. I love the rainbow colors in the background.
4. My sister recently taught me the basics of crocheting and I’m slowly starting to get the hang of it. Over at A Little Bit of Everything she included a pattern for making the shamrocks for this adorable hat. I think I’ll have to try one!
5. I absolutely love this 2x4 leprechaun hat from Nap Time Journal. So simple yet so festive. This is a great project for those leftover pieces you have in your garage that you just can’t seem to throw away (what? No one else hoards scrap wood? Weird.).
As always, make sure you grab a button if you were featured!