Summer is coming, it must be too hot to sit next to the campfire and roast your marshmallows, or simply you do not want to build a fire. Why don’t you try my favorite recipe and enjoy tasty S’Mores Cups without any fire required? They are definitely the treat that you can bring to every party or special occasion. Everybody loves them. Everyone wants more. S’Mores cups are more than delicious. They are the bites of Heaven.
Type: Snack, Dessert
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
- 60 miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 8 whole graham biscuits
- 3 milk chocolate bars
Step 1- Prepare a plastic bag and put graham biscuits into it. Start crushing them into crumbs. In a large bowl, combine graham biscuit crumbs, melted butter, and powdered sugar together until they are evenly mixed.
Step 2- Prepare small muffin tins and press the crumb mixture into each one to form a cup. After that, put the crusts into the oven and bake from 3 to 4 minutes until the edges are bubbling and take them out the oven.
Step 3- Place a square piece of chocolate onto each crust, and top with 4 or 5 miniature marshmallows. Return them to the oven and bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for another 1 or 2 minutes until the marshmallows are just slightly softened, and become barely tan. Be careful at this step or you may overcook the marshmallows and chocolate.
Step 4- Remove the cups from the oven and allow them to cool down to room temperature (about 5 minutes). Note that the cups may be a little bit crumble, but that is normal.
Step 5- Add the remaining chocolate bars in a bowl and melt them in the oven for 1 or 2 minutes until the liquid is smooth. Stir it well and pour it onto the top of each cup.
Step 6- Wait for the chocolate liquid to set and enjoy your delicious S’Mores Cups.
- Chocolate: Contain flavonoids, a type of antioxidant that can be found in chocolate, red wine, and tea. It clears up damaging substances called free radicals, which can cause disease, and helps boost your blood flow. People who consume 100g of chocolate per day are 11 percent less likely to have a stroke, heart attack or other cardiovascular problems than people who consume none at all. Additionally, chocolate can stimulate your brain function, increase concentration and alertness thanks to magnesium, an essential mineral that food for your brain health. Moreover, another antioxidant called polyphenols found in chocolate, which, like flavonoids, remove the free radicals in your body, and helps prevent age-related arthritis or brain malfunction.
- Graham biscuits: Provide unbleached whole-grain or graham flour that contains vitamins. Moreover, they also contain hydrogenated oils and sweeteners, which help manage your weight and reserve calories.
- Butter: Have a significant level of vitamin A, beta-carotene, and conjugated Linoleic Acid, which help lower chances of prostate and colorectal cancer. In addition, glycosphingolipids can also be found in butter. This special type of fatty acid will help prevent your body from various gastrointestinal problems and conditions. That is why adding butter to your diet can boost the protection of your stomach and digestive tracts. Last but not least, butter is a rich source of essential minerals such as zinc, copper, selenium and manganese which are very important in stimulating bone repair, regrowth and maintaining bone health. Without these elements, your body will suffer from arthritis, osteoporosis and other aging problems.